POLi Bank Transfers – Payment Method Info Page
Payment method: POLi payments
Payment type: Online banking payments, online banking transfers
Region/country: Australia, New Zealand
POLi Payments pros:
- Widely available at global online casinos and betting sites in Australia and New Zealand.
- Available to account holders at most major banks in Australia and New Zealand.
- Typically no fees for online betting deposits.
- No transaction fees charged by POLi.
- Instant online gambling deposits.
- Fast, easy, and convenient to use.
- Safe, secure, and private transactions.
- No account registration necessary.
- Use your online banking login credentials and platform to make payments/deposits.
- No sensitive banking information shared with gambling sites.
- Bank-level security.
- POLi does not capture or store bank account login information.
- Instant payment confirmation.
- Transaction details are automatically filled in for easy payment approval.
- No credit cards or bankcards needed.
- No currency conversion fees (transactions are made in AUD and NZD).
- Responsive software is compatible with all platforms and devices, including mobile.
POLi Payments cons:
- Deposit method only.
- Only available to players that hold a bank account at eligible banks in Australia and New Zealand.
- Deposit payments can get declined if you have insufficient funds in your bank account.
- All payments/deposits are final.
RealGamblingSites.com overview – POLi bank transfers:
POLi provides services in Australia and New Zealand that enable online payments directly between bank accounts. POLi Payments is owned by Australia Post, Australia’s government postal service, and has been providing payment services since 2006.
POLi’s payment gateway enables consumers to make payments to online merchants, including betting sites, through their banking platform. It is not necessary to register for POLi, the service is free to use, and the service boasts secure transactions.
POLi is accepted by a wide variety of major retailers and brands, helping to validate and inspire trust in this payment method. Examples include major airlines like Qantas, Etihad, Virgin Australia, Emirates, and Air New Zealand, retail locations such as The Warehouse, Farmlands, and Bunnings Warehouse, and a wide variety of online betting sites. POLi is also accepted by other global payment services including Skrill, Neteller, and TransferWise.
Making online gambling deposits with POLi
The process for making gambling deposits using POLi is straightforward, as outlined below. However, because payments are made through your online banking portal, the exact steps will vary depending on your bank.
Steps for using POLi to make online gambling deposits:
- Log in to your online betting site.
- Go to the cashier area, choose “Deposit”, and select the POLi option.
- Choose how much money you want to deposit.
- Select the bank you want to use for the payment.
- Use your online banking login details to access your banking portal.
- Choose which account to use for the payment and follow the bank’s instructions to finalize the transfer.
- Once you confirm the payment, the funds should be available in your player account instantly!
Acceptance at online gambling sites
POLi is widely accepted at online gambling sites in Australia and New Zealand as well as a wide variety of global gambling sites.
Acceptance for U.S. players
POLi provides payment services to players in Australia and New Zealand only and is not available to U.S. players.
POLi provides a convenient online payment option in the Australian and New Zealand markets. No account registration is required, you don’t need a credit card or a bank card, payment details are auto-filled so you can approve payments quickly and easily while avoiding errors, and payments/deposits are instant.
Payments can be made using any operating platform or device, including mobile, anytime and anywhere. Simply log in to your online banking via POLi to make convenient, comfortable, and secure transactions. POLi is accepted by major brands throughout the region, helping to make it a known and more convenient way to pay.
POLi is currently available to account holders at eligible banks in Australia and New Zealand.
Eligible banks in Australia include ANZ, Bank of Melbourne, BOQ, BankSA, Bankwest, Bendigo Bank, Citibank, Commonwealth Bank, CUA, IMB Building Society, ME Bank, NAB, Newcastle Permanent, People’s Choice Credit Union, St. George Bank, Suncorp, and Westpac. Eligible banks in New Zealand include ANZ, ASB, Bank of New Zealand, Kiwibank, TSB Bank, and Westpac.
The POLi website features major merchants and brands that accept POLi payments, including a wide variety of betting sites.
POLi does not charge consumers any fees, and most gambling sites do not charge fees for POLi deposits.
Safety / security
POLi promotes safety and security as a top priority for the company and states that online banking login information and transactions are secure. POLi does not capture or store usernames and passwords, they use HTTPS transport-level security, 2048 bit SSL encryption, multiple Firewall layers, and server-side integrity checks. POLi also checks online banking SSL certificates to ensure you are connected directly to your bank.
POLi Payments holds an ISO Certificate for security management, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (certificate number 10114664). An ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification requires compliance with rigid guidelines and regular audits.
Despite POLi Payments’ focus on security, the POLi Wikipedia page notes that some banks in Australia and New Zealand have expressed security concerns about POLi’s payment gateway and service model. It is unclear how recent these concerns are and whether they have been alleviated by the latest upgrades POLi made to their software.
Online gambling deposits made via POLi are available instantly.
On the website, POLi advises that any issues with purchases be resolved with the merchant directly. For issues with POLi services, they outline escalation protocols and provide detailed contact information. Step one is to contact the POLi Payments Help Desk, step two is to hand over the issue to senior management, and step three is to escalate unresolved issues to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). The website provides email links, mailing addresses, and phone numbers for all three options.
Your bank automatically verifies your account and identity through their security protocols when you use your online banking account. POLi does not require any additional verification beyond your bank’s security measures. POLi is a deposit method only, and most betting sites don’t require verification for deposits.
Online casino bonuses / casino-friendliness
POLi is an exceptionally casino-friendly deposit method for players in Australia and New Zealand, boasting an extensive list of betting sites that accept it. POLi enables you to easily make instant deposits through your secure and convenient online banking platform.
We did not find any current bonus offers for POLi deposits. However, many of the betting sites that accept POLi only share bonus offers with registered users, so we were unable to easily assess their bonuses. Payment method bonus offers should be listed on the Promotions or Banking page.
If there are no active POLi bonuses, POLi deposits should count toward the deposit requirements for other offers. Check the Terms and Conditions for any bonus offer you are interested in to learn about its requirements.