Playtech is one of the leading online gaming software suppliers in the world. They pride themselves on providing their partners with superior products and services across all platforms.
Playtech has achieved success with their commitment to quality and innovation along with a sound business strategy. Their approach aims to foster organic growth, cross-sell products and services, develop and attract new licensees, increase product, service and distribution capabilities, improve quality of earnings, and remain active in the acquisition market.
Playtech Online Casinos & Games
A One-Stop Shop for Online Gaming Players. I have some good news, and I have some bad news. The good news – Playtech is another software company that develops and distributes 500+ killer games to more than 50 online casinos outside the USA.
The bad news – Outside the USA. The only US-friendly casino Playtech powers is 21 Nova Casino, but they have a bad rating from a trusted review portal, so that rules them out.
Sorry, my fellow Americans. I suggest you read our BetSoft and Real Time Gaming pages instead.
For everyone else, let’s jump right into it. Below you’ll find a summary of what games you can expect to find at Playtech casinos, and what Playtech-powered casinos are worth checking out.
No Shortage of Games Here
Playtech calls themselves a “one-stop shop for online gaming operators.”
But it applies to players, too, because of their MASSIVE game library.
They offer more than 500 games thanks to the 25 different software providers they either work with or have acquired in the last two decades of doing business.
Even more exciting than the quantity of games is the quality. More specifically, the deals they’ve been able to secure that allows them to develop slots around well-known movies, TV shows, games and pop culture.
I mean, just look at some of the titles you get to play:
- Iron Man 2 – I played this (or a very similar title) in Las Vegas.
- Fantastic Four
- Ghost Rider
- Pink Panther
- The Mummy
- The Avengers
- Incredible Hulk
- Spider-man: Green Goblin
- The Six Million Dollar Man
- Iron Man 3
You’ll notice that most of these titles are from Marvel comics. I don’t know how long Playtech will continue to have these since there have long been reports of Disney not renewing these agreements to maintain their family-friendly image.
But, for now, you get to play them – and you should.
And these are just a drop in the bucket. There are hundreds of other licensed and non-licensed games you can play.
Here are some more examples:
- 3D Roulette
- 21 Duel Blackjack
- All American (video poker)
- Aces & Faces (video poker)
- Blackjack Surrender
- Bonus Bowling (misc)
- Blackjack Switch
- American and European Roulette
- Genie’s Hi Lo (misc)
- French Roulette
- Heads or Tails (misc)
- Joker Poker (video poker)
- Jacks or Better (video poker)
- Perfect Blackjack
- Rock Paper Scissors
- Spin A Win (misc)
- Tens or Better (video poker)
- Tequila Poker
And lots, lots more.
Playtech develops live dealer games, too. You can sit across a pretty European or Asian dealer while playing Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Casino Hold’em or Unlimited Blackjack, but without having to leave your house.
(Or those comfy pajamas.)
Or if progressive slots are your thing, you might try playing (and winning) one of these;
- Beach Life – $3.9 million
- Spamalot Holy Grail – $2.6 million
- Sweet Party – $2.5 million
These jackpots were last hit anywhere from 6-24 months ago. (You know this means they’re due to payout anytime now.)
Or you can try Marvel Ultimate Power. This jackpot is sitting at $418,000 and was last hit 2 weeks ago.
The bottom line – there are plenty of ways to win big playing a Playtech game.
And you can do it from anywhere. Their games will run from your browser, in the casino’s download or you can play on the go from a compatible iOS or Android powered device.
The Best Playtech Casinos
Are you ready to find a casino?
Yeah, you are.
Well, there are lots of them that use Playtech software. Some are good and some are bad.
Let’s start with the good first.
- Paddy power casino
- Coral casino
- Gala casino
- Ladbrokes casino
- Betfair casino
I would check them out in that order, too.
There are several low rated or flat-out rogue casinos, too. According to CasinoMeister.com, these are the casinos you’ll want to avoid and why:
- African Palace Casino – Slow payments
- Betfair – Bad casino practice
- Class1casino – Confiscated winnings
- Indio Casino – Slow payments
- Planet Kings – Worst Casino of the Year 2013
- Playtech Casinos with Progressive Limitations – This includes a laundry list of 20+ casinos that have predatory terms. You’ll want to check the list out for yourself.
- Sierra Star Casino – This includes a small network of casinos that don’t pay out winnings.
- Golden Palace
This is definitely one of the worst non-US software companies as far as rogue or not recommended casinos go.
But I wouldn’t let that deter you from signing up.
Just make sure to do your due diligence first (read reviews and forum posts) and stick to our top picks above, and you should be just fine.
Playtech Casino Software powers some of the most respected names in the online gaming industry, with a client list of over 100 online casinos.
Established in 1999, its first casino came online in 2001, and today Playtech also provides poker, bingo, live gaming, and video terminal solutions. Indeed the Live Dealer games provided by Playtech are some of the best in iGaming.
The Playtech Casino Software platform currently features over 500 games. The standard blackjack, roulette, and blackjack table games can be found, in addition to exclusive table games such as Blackjack Switch and Wild Viking.
It also has a wide range of slots, including some of my personal favorites such as the Gladiator Slots, the first licensed theme slot in the Playtech stable.
Playtech is also behind the development of the Marvel-themed slots and other great slot games such as Great Blue, another favorite of mine.
Film Tie-Ins and Innovative Slots
Playtech also offers a wide range of video poker games, from standard Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Joker Poker up to the 50-line Jacks or Better.
In 2003, Playtech was the first major software manufacturer to launch Live Dealer products, featuring various versions of live baccarat, blackjack, roulette, and Sic Bo – these games have made Playtech the dominant player in the Asian market.
Playtech now operates live gaming studios in Asia and Europe. Playtech also operates the largest poker network online, iPoker. Most of Playtech’s operators have poker rooms on the network, with up to 30,000 real players online at peak times, playing in tournaments or standard poker games.
Bad beat jackpots are also available on the iPoker network. In 2007, the Tribeca Poker Network was acquired and merged into the iPoker network.
Playtech’s Bingo network, also launched in 2003, links many bingo rooms online to form a large network with bigger tournaments and prizes.
Playtech is regarded alongside Microgaming as the leading online casino software company.
Playtech Games – Play Free or Real Money
Below you will find all of the Playtech Slots which can be played for free here on CasinoRankings.com. There is no need to leave the site or open an account at an online casino to do so. One of our favorite online slot developers, Playtech has grown into a London Stock Exchange giant in the iGaming Industry.
With revenues reported year-end 2014 of nearly £400 million, Playtech is responsible for powering hundreds of online casinos. A few of which we recommend and review here on CR. Indeed, their slot games of which there are now well in excess of 500, are some of our very favorites. Many of these you can check out for yourself below.
Playtech was founded in 1999 in Tartu, Estonia. In 2012, the company was officially listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and it now employs over 5,000 people in 17 different countries.
The company has secured over 140 licensees globally and its gambling software includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker, and sports betting.
Playtech was one of the first to utilize Omni-channel gambling via Playtech ONE. It offers operators and their customers a unified experience across any product, channel, or device using a single account and single wallet. This encompasses online, mobile, and retail.
Along with their state-of-the-art gaming studios and content, Playtech licenses popular brands from major media companies such as Warner Bros., DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, and more.
Playtech also offers Playtech Turnkey Services (PTTS) that provides gaming operators all the necessary tools and support to run a gaming offering. In addition to 24/7 live support, their turnkey solution includes hosting services, payment advisory, network management, marketing services, customer support, financial services, and fraud prevention.
As alluded to above Playtech ONE is a hub for wallet, content, customer relations management, and personalization. Simply put, it consistently integrates all the various departments of one casino or sportsbook across all available channels and provides an exceptional user experience.
Through Playtech ONE, operators can track the behavior of each player and tailor their marketing and offer strategy accordingly. And even though Playtech is an excellent provider of content, games, and services, the ONE platform enables operators to easily add third-party products. Therefore, adding an element of additional flexibility.
Playtech Partnerships and Acquisitions
Since becoming a company in 1999 Playtech has developed into a major player in the partnership and acquisition market within the gaming industry. In 2006, they acquired Tribeca Tables Europe Limited, a poker network software provider, which works with a number of brands including VCPoker, Paddy Power Poker, and Blue Square Poker.
Two years later they reached an agreement with Italy’s land-based operator Snai, which was Playtech’s first Italian license, and signed an online gaming software license agreement with UK-based company William Hill PLC.
In 2009, Playtech acquired Gaming Technology Solutions which is one of the largest game aggregators in the gaming industry. In quarter four of 2010, they also acquired Virtue Fusion Limited, a developer, and licensor of online bingo products. As a result of this acquisition Snai, Eurobet, and Codere Interactive jointed Playtech’s Italian bingo network and Playtech became the online bingo supplier to Unibet and Bingo.com.
In December of 2012, Playtech acquired Geneity Limited, a UK-based sportsbook software provider and expanded into Mexico with Grupo Caliente, Mexico’s largest land-based gaming operator.
Another key acquisition to highlight took place during the beginning 2017 when Playtech acquired Eyecon. Eyecon specializes in providing online gaming slots within the bingo industry, including Fluffy Favourites, which is well-known among UK online casinos.
One month later in February 2017, Playtech signed the largest content deal in the gaming industry with Warner Bros. Allowing Playtech to continue to develop their extensive gaming catalog licensing the popular brands of Warner Bros. and its entertainment subsidiaries.
The Playtech product portfolio includes casino, virtual sports, sports, poker, live dealer, bingo, lottery, and retail.
• Casino: Playtech offers over 600 of the most advanced casino games including branded favorites Batman Classic TV Series, Top Gun, and The Flintstones.
• Virtual Sports: Playtech’s virtual sports offers betting on virtual horse racing, football (soccer), tennis, and basketball. The Virtual Sports Simulation product handles event simulations, scheduling, odds, random number generator (RNG), generated results, and visualizations that are utilized to display the results to players.
• Sports: The sportsbook division at Playtech brings together Playtech Sports companies Best Gaming Technology (BGT), Geneity, Mobenga, Betologic, and CSMS. Playtech BGT Sports offers a simple betting experience across all channels, including over-the-counter, self-service betting terminals, online, and mobile. As a player, you can easily access your wallet and account from each channel you interact with which creates a consistent and cohesive experience.
• Poker: Playtech’s poker software is compatible with all of the company’s product and services and their iPoker team monitors game integrity 24/7 and 365 days of the year. There are a variety of game options including cash games, speed poker cash games, twister jackpot sit n go’s, regular sit n go’s, texas hold ‘em, omaha, soko, and tournament games.
• Live Dealer: With Playtech’s live casino players are able to access live products including blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and more. They are the largest live casino supplier in Europe and Asia and opened the world’s largest live casino in Riga, Latvia in February 2017.
• Bingo: Playtech’s UK bingo community is one of the largest with more than 100 different brands, 100,000 daily players, and 20,000 daily concurrent players. Additionally, as a player you can enjoy more than 300 side-games and scratch cards.
• Lottery: Playtech has developed software solutions that integrate with third parties and government systems that enhance an operator’s ability to generate returns on their online lottery system. Playtech is a premium partner of European Lotteries and a gold level contributor to the World Lottery Association.
• Retail: Playtech’s retail gaming products can be found in more than 40,000 gaming terminals worldwide. Their retail products come with a powerful management tool which allows operators to manage content, multimedia, rewards, jackpots, security, and monitoring.