The Palazzo Las Vegas is adjacent to The Venetian, and the two are sister properties owned by Las Vegas Sands. It opened on December 30, 2007, and after its completion the Palazzo became the largest building in the United States. Its floor space covers 6,948,980 square feet. At 720 square feet, Palazzo also offers the largest standard hotel room on the Las Vegas Strip. If you assume that Venetian and Palazzo are the same resort, it is the largest hotel in the U.S. and second in the world, only behind the Izmailovo Hotel in Moscow.
Casino at Palazzo
The casino at Palazzo is very large, covering 105,000 square feet. There are 23 six-deck blackjack games on the main casino floor. These games start at $10 during slow periods and $15 at peak times. The max bet is $2,000. Unfortunately, all of these games pay 6-5 on a natural blackjack. Players looking for a 3-2 game will have to pony up at least $50 per hand at the double deck tables. Two of these games may be found in the main pit. There are four more 3-2 double deck games in the Asian pit where the max bet is $5,000. Free Bet Poker and Blackjack Switch are also available with $10-$1,000 limits.
Roulette at Palazzo
There are nine roulette tables at Palazzo. Eight are double zero with $10-$500 limits. The one single zero table has $25-$500 limits. The single zero game does not offer European rules. This means that even money bets are not partially refunded if the call is zero.
Craps at Palazzo
There are 11 craps tables. The limits are $10-$5,000 and the odds are 3-4-5 times the flat bet. One Big Wheel game is offered with a $2 minimum bet.
Poker Game Varieties
Baccarat at Palazzo
There are four baccarat tables in the Asian pit with $25-$20,000 limits. Pai Gow Poker has $25-$5,000 limits. There is also a stadium version of baccarat where a single live dealer is available to dozens on participants that use a touch screen to make wagers. Blackjack may also be played at the same time on the same machine. The minimum bet there is $5.
Video Table Games at Palazzo
There are several video versions of table games at Palazzo. Dealers Angel blackjack and baccarat are available. There is also a Roulette Revolution machine. All have a $5 minimum bet. The Dealers Angel blackjack game is the best low limit option for players. Unlike the low limit shoe games at Palazzo, it pays 3-2 on a natural. It also allows doubling down after splitting and surrender.
Palazzo High Limit Room
The best games are found in the high limit salon. Baccarat starts at a $200 minimum bet. Double Deck Blackjack has a $200 minimum and allows doubling after the split. The six-deck games start at $100. Surrender and double down after splitting are allowed. All pay 3-2 on a blackjack and stay on all 17’s.
Cantor Gaming, now known as CG Technologies, operates the sports book at Palazzo. It is located in front of Lagasse’s Stadium, which is one of the best places to watch sports in Las Vegas. Players may deposit and withdraw from Cantor’s sports betting app at Palazzo.
Grazie Players Card
Palazzo uses the Grazie players’ club system which is the same players’ card used at Venetian. Grazie rates players differently than most players’ clubs. A player earns comps based on the theoretical house edge of the game, not on the amount wagered.
Hotel at Palazzo Las Vegas
The Palazzo hotel rooms start at 720 square feet. There is the Luxury Suite, featuring one king, or the Bella Suite, featuring two queens. Room rates start at $159 on weeknights and $239 on weekends. Luxury views rooms are $40 more. There is a $25 per night resort fee. There are several other varieties of suites available to guests; Fortuna, Prestige and Siena. There are also large suites that are not available to the general public. These are reserved for high rollers.
Restaurants and Bars at Palazzo
At nearly 7 million square feet, the Palazzo has a massive dining selection. Some of these restaurants are located in the Grand Canal Shoppes between it and Venetian.
Upscale Palazzo Dinner Options
- AquaKnox – Specializes in seafood and is open for lunch and dinner daily.
- B&B Ristorante – Italian restaurant open for dinner daily.
- Bouchon – Offers French cuisine for breakfast and brunch. Its dinner service offers a seafood menu, including specialties found at a typical oyster bar.
- Canaletto – Italian cuisine served at lunch and dinner daily.
- Carnevino – Meaning meat and wine in Italian, it is a critically acclaimed Italian steakhouse with an extensive wine menu. It is open for dinner daily.
- CUT – Modern American cuisine that serves dinner daily.
- dB Brasserie – French restaurant that is only open for dinner.
- Delmonico Steakhouse – A traditional American steakhouse open for dinner daily and lunch Monday through Saturday.
- Lavo – Italian restaurant open for dinner seven days a week. Brunch on Sunday is also offered.
- Morels Steakhouse & Bistro – High end steakhouse that also serves seafood and Italian dishes. It is open for lunch Monday through Friday, brunch on weekends, and dinner seven nights a week.
- Postrio – Contemporary cuisine open daily for lunch and dinner.
- Pinot Brasserie – French steakhouse with an extensive wine list open daily for lunch and dinner.
- Sushisamba – Japanese, Peruvian and Brazilian fusion served daily for lunch and dinner.
- Table 10 – Traditional American cuisine, including steak, seafood, and pasta. It is open daily for lunch and dinner.
- Tao – Tao is not just a nightclub, it serves Asian cuisine for dinner daily. The nightclub is only open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Zeffrino – Italian seafood restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner daily.
Casual Dining Options
There are many casual dining outlets. These include the Grand Lux Café, which is operated by the Cheesecake Factory. It is located just off the casino floor. There are also several pizza joints and coffee shops. Most are located in the Grand Canal Shoppes located between Venetian and Palazzo. Two food courts at Venetian offer quick bites.
Palazzo Bars & Lounges
There are two casino bars at Palazzo. There is also a bar at the Lagasse’s Stadium, located inside the sports book. Many restaurants open their lounges before dinner service and stay open late.
Palazzo Location & Features
Palazzo is located on the southwest corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Sands Ave. Treasure Island is located across Las Vegas Blvd from Palazzo, while Wynn is across Sands Ave from it.
Lagasse’s Stadium is the nicest sports book in Las Vegas. It offers stadium seating and a full bar. Gondola rides are available in the Grand Canal Shoppes and outside the casino. There are also many shows, including Rock of Ages, The Motown Show, and Style Magazine. Headline comedians perform at the neighboring Venetian most weekends.
Aside from these venues, the Sands Convention Center is connected to Palazzo and offers many additional shows. This is one of the largest convention centers in Las Vegas.