– In the Dominican Republic, the minimum gambling age is 18 years.
– The largest casino in the Caribbean is the Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas, while the second largest is Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
– The Dominican Republic has the largest and richest gambling industry in the whole Caribbean.
– The Classic Juan Pablo Duarte is one of the many competitions held at the Hipódromo V Centenario, named after a neighborhood hero.
– In 2011, Amaya Gaming Group got the nation’s very first online gambling license. However, they are still the only company with an online gambling license in the Dominican Republic.
– Casinos in the Dominican Republic accept and promote the use of Bitcoin, most notably the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.
– Casino gambling is the most popular form of gambling in the Dominican Republic. Auto racing and lottery is also popular. Racing of horses and dogs are not as popular. Other sports betting are not popular as well.
– Cockfighting is legal in the Dominican Republic.
– The Lotería Nacional Dominican is the national lottery which has been providing numerous lottery draws since the year 1882. The lottery was founded by a priest native to the Dominican Republic.
– While the Secretaria de Estado de Deportes, Educacion Fisica y Recreacion is in charge of the licensing, regulation, monitoring, auditing and securing of all sports betting operations within the country, the Casino Department of the Ministry of Finance takes care of casino gambling activities.
– The country’s economy largely depends on gambling.